Sunday, August 26, 2012

Classroom Confidential 1

Classroom Confidential
August 27
1. Some of the multiple intelligences I hope to use include: word smart, picture smart, as well as logic smart. I find that "word smart" or Verbal Intelligence will come in handy when teaching Language Arts. Students will be learning new words and working with language throughout the school year. Verbal/Linguistic Intelligence is important for more than the sake of learning vocabulary. I believe that working with this intelligence will help students adjust to the learning style of Language Arts. I would like to use "picture smart" or Visual and Spatial Intelligence as a way to teach vocabulary in a different way. I believe that if the student can see the word in action then they can better retain the meaning. I would like to use visuals as a way to incorporate words. Finally, I would like to use "logic smart" or Logical Intelligence in my Language Arts classroom this term. I do not necessarily want to incorporate math, but I would like the students to take a logical thinking approach to how to use words in a proper manner.

2. Some of the ways to incorporate Schmidt's "full brain learning" include some of the examples he has given in this chapter. Patterns are one of these examples; students should be able to connect what you are teaching to another lesson or something they have already learned. Another example of "full brain learning" would also include publishing. When a student's work is published students are able to "step-up" their level of work and look beyond Language Arts with their hands. Experiments, are also a method of using full brain learning. When students have the opportunity to apply their hands to what they have learned they are then able to learn in more than one method.

Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts on Chapter One. I look forward to reading how you implement them this semester.

    ReplyDelete