Hi,
This week was very dull.
Monday
Today I have very short day due to having to leave early for class. It was even shorter because the students come later on Mondays for teacher planning. The teachers went over a test from last year that measured the classroom understanding of different topics they had gone over for the semester. After our two hours of review was up school started and the students just read because it was such a short class.
Tuesday
Today the students were working on quote integration for their upcoming papers. They worked really well and found a lot of quotes to support their paper. I found that they have a really good understanding of their topics and did really well annotating for their topics. Tomorrow I take over my next class I'm pretty excited because I'm building my confidence up.
Wednesday
The students started on the rough draft of their paper's so it was a quiet day. I found that they all seemed to get a good chunk started on the paper. I am excited to read their work. Not much else happened today.
Thursday
Today, I was able to interact with a student who is known to have behavioral issues. It was really encouraging for me to talk to her and have her understand that I truly do not have any preconceived notions about her. I am looking forward to picking up her class later in the semester.
Friday
It was an interesting day, as the students took a quiz in the regular level. And the classes that I took over had notes and worked on their drafts for a bit. However, I felt comfortable with the students when my CT left the classroom. I was able to talk to him about working on my style and he gave me some great tips for building my confidence in the classroom. I also was informed by him that I am more than welcome to bounce ideas off of him and the teaching team. I am glad to hear this because I want to do better in the classroom. I have also found that the team teaching is getting tiring, I am hoping to come with a new perspective next week.
This week I focused on Illinois Teaching Standard #2, which states that "The competent teacher understands how individuals grow, develop, and learn and provides learning
opportunities that support the intellectual, social, and personal development of all students." This was important for me because I need to grow and develop along with my students if I am to become the best teacher I can be. This is one of my goals for this week.
Courtney
Courtney,
ReplyDeleteI think your posts are OK. I'd like to learn more about how you are growing as a teacher. What are you learning about your students? Are there differences between the class periods? What goals do you have for yourself? your students?
How did you incorporate the writing ideas you discussed last week?
Your posts have made me want to get to know you. I have a question for you. How does your faith impact what you do in the classroom? Give that some thought. Maybe you can put that in this week's post.
Thanks,
Have a great one!
Dr. Meyer