Friday, December 7, 2012

Weekly Reflection 16

Hello,
My final week teaching. Wow.

Monday
Today, The students were given time to read and annotate their texts. I had a shortened day due to having to leave for class. I was also preparing for my last observation tomorrow.

Tuesday
Today, I was really upset before my observation. I made my lesson, and emailed it to my teacher Monday night in order to get my CT to edit and make suggestions. However, he did not look at my lesson until this morning. He just told me what was wrong with it so I could fix it before my observation. I was mad and stressed, because I had to make the changes so quickly. I was mad until I started teaching. I was fine, once my day progressed. When he observed me, he didn't say anything, which has happened many times, so as you said I took that as positive.

Wednesday
Today, I was planning for my pre-observation meeting with my Principal. The students were just working on collecting information for their in class writing. The students are definitely winding down and unfortunately checking out. I'm trying to keep them entertained while teaching them and helping them where I believe they need it.

Thursday
Today, I meet with my Principal. He said he was impressed with my pre-observation work. I am praying that it will go well at my observation tomorrow as well. My students, have expressed that they will miss me. I am sad and excited to move on. I am nervous about my lesson tomorrow. I really want to do well considering that there could always be a possibility for a job.

Friday
It's been a long week. I was nervous all day and making adjustments constantly to my lesson. I found that 8th period, when I was being observed, my students were a bit obnoxious. I was not expecting this. However, I believe the lesson went well and I am interested in finding out what the Principal has to say about the lesson.

I know this has been a short entry. However, things are not as hectic anymore. This was my last week teaching and I have found that I have learned a lot these past 16 weeks. It has been tiring and draining at times, but all of my students have been a pleasure. I have learned a lot about professional growth, which is standard 10. "The competent teacher is a reflective practitioner who continually evaluates how choices and actions affect students, parents, and other professionals in the learning community and actively seeks opportunities to grow professionally." I also found that writing these reflections has been beneficial to me academically and mentally. I am able to process my mistakes and learn from them by writing them out. Next week, I will be observing and watching other teachers, which I am excited for.

Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Courtney,

    Good post. I'm glad that you saw the benefit in writing reflections.

    I am interested in hearing what the principal thought of your teaching. I'm sure that you will get encouragement from him/her.

    Yeah! Your cooperating teacher did not give you any negative feedback. That's good. I know that it would have been awesome to give one word of encouragement. You can't change him, but you can treat others differently that he treated you. Please, please give positive feedback to your student teacher some day. :)

    I hope you enjoy your last week. See you Friday.

    Dr. Meyer

    ReplyDelete