- Expecting to play the roles of learner and teacher.
- Share in making decisions in their learning.
- See problems as opportunities.
- Are willing to struggle to clarify their thinking and speaking.
I have found that these are just some a few things I need to work on myself as a teacher. I think that building a classroom of eptness is an important to becoming a teacher.
2. Three behaviors I will use are:
1. Expectations: I think that it is important to inform my students of the expectations early on in the year. I found that if the students are not expected to do anything then they will not.
2. Encouragement: I believe that students who are not encouraged will not believe in themselves. Without that belief it will be difficult to achieve in the classroom. I think that positive reinforcement is necessary from day one in the classroom. I think the best way to encourage my students is to tell them everyday what they are capable of doing. Encouragement is intertwined with expectations in this format.
3. Being a Model Learner: I believe that learning is important for any age. I love to learn and would love to share that experience with my students. I believe the best way to do that is through trying to learn new things with my students so that we can enjoy the process of finding something new in the classroom. I would love to have interesting facts of the day, or reading news clippings together.
Courtney
No comments:
Post a Comment