Sunday, September 30, 2012

Classroom Confidential 11

Hello,
1. How did Schmidt's chapter 11 inform your thinking about communication?
Schmidt outlined 10 effective tools for communication. Which are:
1. Proactive
2. Positive
3. Frequent
4. Clear
5. Basic
6. Attention grabbing
7. Appealing
8. Inclusive
9. Timely
10. Error-free
Each of these tools are outlined in the chapter and how to use them effectively. Being "proactive" is good because it explains that as teachers they need to be proactive with their students and their families. I also believe that "basic" is another important factor in communication.  Keeping things basic is vital for the parents. Appealing is another factor that I found useful, such as keeping fonts legible  including student artwork in your classroom and maybe in your website. Timely is another conversation starter that teachers need to be aware of. These are just some of the many communication starters that I found interesting and useful for the classroom.

2. From reading chapter 11, how will you be better prepared for parent teacher conferences?
I found that the Parent/Teacher conferences survival guide was very helpful. The tips given in the chapter were very relevant. The tips such as: being prepared, looking professional, making signs, picking my battles, and ending on an ascending note were all helpful tips for when I need to go through these conferences in the next few weeks.

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment